Thursday, September 15, 2011

Eran Weber (b.1980)


Disturbed Pan, Bronze, 31"x21"x17"



Eran Webber is a figurative artist born in Israel in 1980. The grandchild of a realist painter, Eran grew up in an artistic environment on a Kibbutz along the Carmel Coast. His artistic training began in high school as well as evening courses in Tel Aviv. In 2007, after several years of military service and traveling abroad, Eran moved to Italy to study the fundamentals of classical figurative art and began sculpting at the prestigious Accademia di Belle Arte. Later that year Eran was accepted to the Florence Academy of Art, where he could focus his interests more intensely on figurative sculpture.

At the end of his second year of study at the FAA, Eran was invited to join the teaching staff, and since his graduation, in 2011, has remained as a principal sculpting instructor. Eran’s work is indelibly linked with his upbringing. He finds sculpting a sincere way to reconcile the nostalgic fragments of the past with his continuing search as an artist

“The deeper I become involved in art, the stronger my addiction to it, and the urge to create becomes an endless need. The ideas and abilities intensify, releasing a growing hunger for the next formation. When a person stands in front of me, I choose to see him through my filters and my interpretation, making the result uniquely my own. Sometimes I strive to dig into deeper layers, seeking to find out how the surface really looks. I appreciate the opportunity to share my work.”

No comments: